New Gfx Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I just got my 6600GT in today. I cannot WAIT to put it in! I just had to share that with someone. It's by eVGA.

Thanks. I however have a crappy mobo and RAM, and that part would be the best part in my computer. But, next week, I am either going to order a new mobo or my RAM. I'm thinking MOBO first, what about you?

bah screw corsair, I know you want to overclock him so corsair is the last company you want.

OCZ Platinum Rev2s are like $185 at newegg now
G. Skill LA's are still pretty damn expensive I believe
PQI Turbos
Patriot XBLs
TwinMOS has 1gb for $85 but it'll require a lot of voltage and more know-how probably than the ones above due to twinmos coming with BH-5 or winbond chips compared to the top ones having Samsung TCCD.

Corsairs are not good at OC'ing like the above brands

They totally discourage anyone from using Corsair over at XS, so I'm going to go with some other really good RAM. I'm budgeting about $200 a component, and buy one component per paycheck. So once a week (about) I will be ordering my stuff. Tomorry, I hopefully will be ordering my MoBo. I'm thinking the ASUS P4P800-E and try to find someone to help me volt mod it. Any better suggestions?

Nubius, I have searched for the LA's but have been unable to find them. Can you link them for me?

Are u getting the p4p800e deluxe ? I've got it n yeah its a good mobo, but for you I wouldnt strongly suggest you choose something else. Asus isn't known for its great o'cability and this mobo is one of the worst for that reason. Get an ABIT 3rd eye or something, just not an Asus.. lol

Believe these are them right here although it doesnt say LA anymore...been a while since I searched for them, soo yeah that's weird:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231008

Anyway it says 2.5-4-4-8 timings, but that's at DDR600 or otherwise known as 300MHz :D , but like 2.9 or 3v through them and I'm sure they'll easily hit 300Mhz with like 2.5-3-3-7 timings or perhaps something like 3-3-3-8, either way considering those speeds those timings aren't going to kill bandwidth....

But yeah, this is why I never suggest corsair, you go to XS and you'll NEVER see corsair among someones board who has a high OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom