NEW 'GeForce 6800 Ultra 512mb' link

Status
Not open for further replies.
man those cards almost dwarf the size of the mobo. It's ridiculous. Bah I hope SLI would just fail like the old voodoo days so they'd move on to something else.

Those PSU's started coming out long before SLI...was just a matter of time with current CPU requirements.

Man I had to save up for years just to buy my system and get it with an x800 xt pe. Don't want to think about that costs of that crap. People that can afford that kind of stuff should just go ahead and buy themselves a supercomputer.

Don't want to think about that costs of that crap.
Exactly. I feel like I'm breaking the bank just getting a 6600GT for $200 muchless two GT's or Ultras anywhere from $400-$600, and the 512mb will be like $800 no doubt

w/ better technology there is bigger prices. i just deal w/ it and pay it knowing i cant afford it but i just like to get the best availible in a gen cause i dont want to be bying lowgrade cards all the time and always needing to upgrade ya know? thats why i went ahead and got the SLI.

Future protection is what I see it as however. With SLI you just buy one card, and when you need a second, plonk one in, plus, they will be much cheaper later on.

Thats why I'm so stoked about SLI, and these new cards. Now that they come in 512 per card, I will/would buy only one, and as I said, if and when I need a second, grab that second.

Yan Booth

w/ better technology there is bigger prices.
Yeah that's a given, but SLI isn't 'better' IMO, it's a complete waste. It's buggy, not all games support it and I doubt all ever will, the graphics cards are already expensive muchless trying to buy two of them. It's a temporary solution until they can come up with something completely mind blowing and unique, but for now they are wasting money developing SLI and sucking our pockets dry getting people to purchase it. Hell, even ATI is joining the SLI boat too now....I would have rather ATI come up with something to destroy SLI instead of making their own.

amdrocks said:
Here they are!!!
240_2.jpg

Source

Its so VERY beautiful.

SLI will fade out just like voodoo. Theres no way it will become a normal and standard way of getting awesome gaming. That's like telling people "Unless you can shell out your life savings, sell a couple kids into slavery, you'll never see better than medium graphics!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom