New Gaming Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
the motherboard? it depends on the CPU

assuming you're gonna get an Athlon 64, which is currently the best CPU for gaming, I would suggest the DFI NF4 Ultra-D
second to that would be the MSI K8T Neo 4
then the Abit AN8

or if you're going AGP (which I wouldn't recommend now, PCI-E is the future) I would say the MSI K8T Neo 2, or the Abit AV8 3rd eye

DFI, MSI and Abit are pretty much THE brands of motherboard for socket 939

as far as video cards go, the 7800 is a really good card, but expensive.
ATI is going to make a new card, which might be better, but a lot of us are just speculating. a lot of us haven't made a judgement on whether we like ATI's or Nvidia's new card best, because we haven't seen what ATI's is like

My advice is to go for the midrange stuff, save up for a XBOX360, You can probably get a decent gaming computer for around 1700-1900 US.

why x box 360 my first was a playstation 2 and that was great but xbox wasnt bad either but from the reviews i tend to think my money will be well spent on a ps3. Or even better something that is upgradeable a pc. dont u think? i dunno jus suggesting. 1700-1900 US --thats alot of dough for a pc man but i guess if you love if well thats not a factor.

You said you had 3k canadian, which roughly translates into 2200-2400 usd. Spend 1700-1900 for the actual pc and use the rest for your xbox360!

hey, do you want your computer NOW or can you wait?? it would be a lot better if you waited a little

I would get this, around Christmas..

Athlon 64 X2
OCZ DDR400 2-2-2-5
DFI Lanparty something....
X900XT or whaterver they'll call the R520
WD Raptor
some good PSU
19" LCD

YOUR GOOD TO GO!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back