New dvd in a HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
hey i am trying to install a new dvd burner into my isters computer.
she owns a hp pavilion 534a and like normal computers, it will not fit thru the front because there are those annoying flaps that hide the unit. I have taken out the psu also but still it does not have enough room to slide in. I am wondering if the total front part of these makes come off? if so mind explaining how...?

thanks

wow thats alot of bumps.

why did you take out the psu?

can you hold the flaps or remove them.

i know what your talking about and did a cd-rom install on one of them but can't remember what i did, but you should'nt have to remove the psu.

just find a way around the flaps.

you should have to install it thru the front, no the back. you just need to remove the flap. is the flap one of those freaky things i saw on the hp's at my local computer shop, the one where it hides the drive, and then flaps open when you eject? if so i can imagine why it is difficult. mebe they are just not built to be upgraded? i spose drive can be put in when the pc's are built in the first place tho...

ok update:
it is VERY freaky, i myself hate hp computers, but did find away to do this for all those in the future:

The whole front casing needs to be removed, there are 6 hooks (3 on each side) at the front of the case, you have to unhook these (proves very hard, may need up to three people) then im not sure how, but jimmy off the front, all i did was pull very hard, but this is not recommended.

Before i end this topic, i cant seem to install this little bad boy, i set it up as the second optical drive, and the ide cable is the slave one, and the little terminal where you place that tiny plastic thing is in the middle, which i assume is slave. The optical drive already in place has that little plastic thing on the left hand side.

I started the comp up, but nothing in computer management.

any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom