New Conroe PI Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pentium D eh?

Anyway, that's awesome. I find it hard to believe the 2.4ghz will be only $300...

socket J? u have a link to that? maybe 1000+ pins. but this thread has proven that u dont need more pins to still do amazing

As much as people will disagree with me..

Intel will *probably* take the spotlight and AMD is watching the show from behind the curtain.

IMO, the Willamette and Northwood generation of P4's were better than AMD XP's... And the AMD Athlon 64's were better than the willamette, northwood, and prescott generation. Just like a seesaw, intel is bouncing back.This is just like ATI and nvidia...

The 5xxx series was a complete hunk of garbage, and the 9xxx series blew nvidia out of the water, but now Nvidia rules, but they are starting to lose ground with ATI's new cards.

Now remember, this is my OPINION.
I give you permission to light a cyber bag of poop on my cyber doorstep if you please.

uzi9mm said:
IMO, the Willamette and Northwood generation of P4's were better than AMD XP's... And the AMD Athlon 64's were better than the willamette, northwood, and prescott generation.
I disagree about the Willamete. it is not a very good chip at all.

AMD's Athlon's kinda gave the Pentium 3 a run for its money, that's why Intel made the Pentium 4. but it wasn't actually better at first.

in fact, the Pentium 3's were beating them at first.
1.2GHZ Pentium 3 > 1.6GHZ Pentium 4 Willamette

so for a while, Intel made sales purely because of advertising. people were just like "ooh, Pentium 4" basically.
when the Northwood's came out, the Pentium 4 then edged out what AMD had, and not by a whole lot. the only thing Intel made which gave them much of an advantage was HyperThreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom