New Computer...Want Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

majistic

Daemon Poster
I am going to build another computer and I want some opinions on what all of you think..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECS KT-600A mobo w/ AMD 3000+ Processor
60GB Ultra SATA HDD
XFX 6600GT AGP Vid Card
512mb PC3200 DDR Ram (Kingston)
350Watt Power Supply
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will use this as my gaming computer...
That is the main parts and of course I am going to have a CD-RW maybe a DVD-RW...then theres the case and all of that...but thats all...What do you guys think ?

I would go with a BFG or eVGA 6600GT. I have heard nothing but bad about XFX products. Also, that power supply is WAY WAY too small. Go with at least 480W.

For a gaming PC, make your RAM a minimum of 1024 Mb (1 Gb)
You will thank me for that later ;)

Overall, it looks like you are on a budget for this PC. Do you think you would want to spend about $300 more on components to make a system that might lat you about a year longer? (In terms of power to keep up with the pace of applications and games)

majistic said:
480!? Are you crazy !? I dont want to much power goin through...
Your components are only going to draw as much power as they need, not take all of what the PSU puts out. :)

If you are going with a 350 watt PSU, that is plenty, but you must get a good name brand, if you want a true and clean PSU output.

Cheap PSU's can be more harmful than good, don't fall for the claims from the PSU maker that say they have 400, or 500 wats of power, for only $29.99...etc...

Those units are cheaply made and are not worth buying.

What suppliers have you been looking at for parts?

I have a XFX 6800 and I haven't had any problems with it.

I also recomend getting more ram than 512, as it caused really bad lag in my games, and it ended up costing more having to buy the extra ram a week later.

also I never heard of that motherboard make, so it may be better getting a better known make.

majistic, you need a MINIMUM of a 400 and 450 would be better for your PSU. That 350 isn't enough for what you want. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom