new computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffmypoo

Baseband Member
i just built a new computer and when i turn it on it goes to a blank screen for a full min, then goes to that screen where all the white text is and then just stops, goes back to a blank screen and just sits there
specs are

P4 3.0GHZ with HT
Gigabyte GA-8VT800-L mobo
1gig Corsair XMS pc3200 ram
480W thermaltake PSU
ATI 9600 XT
SB Audigy sound card
80 gig 7200 RPM western digitak IDE hdd

a friend of mine says that he thinks its the motherboard, but i was just looking to get some other opinions

i got a new HD so its still blank, i cant even install windows, so no i havnt installed any drivers

i dunno what the screen is called, it has a lot of white text that shows like how much ram u have, the ram speed etc etc and when i hit delete it takes me into the bios. i also tried it on the HD im using right now ( windows and all drivers installed) and it did the exact same thing

get into ur bios, by pressing f3 f8 or del and change boot sequence to cd 1st. put ur windows install cd in, and install windows. If you can't get in bios, tell me, ill think of it

take all ur hds out, put them into old pc, format them there, then put them back in new pc, and do what i said in previous post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom