New COmputer Critique!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedComet87

Solid State Member
hey guys, Ive been poping in and out of this forum for a few days and you guys really sound like you know what your talking about. I put together a system that I would like to be critiqued :)

Please tell me if anything is wrong or if theres a cheaper, or better, part for the job.

All positive and negetive feedback appreciated!

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=1057241

Thanks!

you should probably get a better and more powerful PSU, Better case, and Western Digital hard drive..

Thermaltake 560w PSU - $100 or

Ultra 500w Modular Connection PSU - also $100 (this one isn't on newegg though, it's on zipzoomfly.com )

Case I guess is more personal pref, but you could probably get a better quality built one.

ok, better qual case and psu. I look into that and post an update thanks.

And the x800 is the top of the line. The one im getting is the XT PE, which is the best card on the market right now. And besides, I have gripes against nVidia :p

please don't turn this into an nvidia vs ati thread...it's all about personal preferences and really it doesn't matter....systems vary so benchmarks will always be different unless you bought both ATI and Nvidia and put them in your machine to see which does better...more than likely they'd perform about equal because you'd have to test multiple games and nvidia would perform good on some as would ATI.....so all in all it doesn't really matter, it'll still blow away any current games.

::COUGH COUGH NVIDIA RULES COUGH COUGH::

:p

There is nothing wrong with the X800XT Platinum Edition. In fact, it totally blows away everything including the 6800 Ultra in every benchmark but Doom 3. If it were an X800 Pro he had listed, I and many other people would plead with him not to get it, for that is the card that sucks. But the X800XT Platinum Edition is a very nice card, and although doesn't beat Nvidia at Doom 3, it still has very solid Doom 3 performance with high AA and AF, unlike the X800 Pro which sucks in Doom 3.

The fact of the matter is people are too obsessed with this stuff and then are just mad after spending $600 bucks on the 'latest and greatest' only to find out that joe blow is getting a whole 2 fps better! ooooh noooo!

......X800XT Platinum Edition. In fact, it totally blows away everything including the 6800 Ultra in every benchmark but Doom 3.

Got anything to back up that source? I don't even consider the Ultra most of the Time as you can get the eVGA 6800GT PAST ultra speeds so WHAT THEN HUH!?! :D

Sysem looks fine to me. Like was mentioned before maybe look into a better quality PSU. I dont know much about the kind that you have there, but I know that Antec make great PSU's.

Also have you looked into the AMD 64 s939's? If you're a gamer you might want to check into those. Might save a few extra bucks without having to get the DDR2 memory and I "think" that AGP video cards are slightly cheaper than PCI-express. Hope this helps good luck on your new system!

ok, changed the PSU and case. I think i like the changes and I agree that 450w probably wasnt going to cut it. :)

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=1057241

and yea, I checked out the 64bit comps and from what I read they dont ofer much for the desktop user. The sources I read told me that 64 bit just came around mostly for servers because they were getting crowed with the limited ram and bandwidth. IMO, they are overrated, but maybe im wrong

I just didnt want to get locked into a 64-bit system when the tech might not develop for desktop users. This pci-extreme stuff seeems like its going places :)

I also changed my cd drive cause I had it on a SATA interface. At the time I thought it was a good idea, but I decided against it thinking that it really doesnt matter, and IDE is cheaper. Would a SATA connection effect cdroms at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom