New Computer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtndew9

Baseband Member
Hello all and Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm looking to build a new computer for gaming and internet. I have a couple of questions. I'll start with items I'll probably buy and then ask for imput on the others. It's been awhile since I built a computer so bare with me.

ASUS A8V Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1G Cosair XMS PC-3200
nVIDIA 6800 GT 256 GDDR3
Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Plextor 12X DVD+/-RW Drive
MX 700 mouse

Now my questions. I want a new case and power supply. What is recomended power supply for a system like this or rather for this motherboard, Chip and Video? Do any cases come with enough power out of the box?

I'm looking at either a Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA Hard Drive or Western Digital 200GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive. What do you guys think? Do I need 2 for system to work? Also do I need a special power supply for the harddrives?

Am I missing anything?

Thank you for you replies.

Get this PSU: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=876412&CatId=1079
It is one of the most stable PSUs out there. This is what I have and it is definatley enough for your system. And you usually get any special connector with your hard drives. Also, you may want to think about getting a 36G Raptor and then a 80G Seagate or WD. The raptor will have your OS and other stuff (boots really fast) and the other for storage. Everything else looks great.

I agree with lev2323 about your system looking great with what you have picked.

I would however, recommend getting an Antec power supply. They're one of the best, if not THE best to get. You want a good quality PSU to run a system like that.

Antec is good, but search for some reviews on the Ultra,...it has the most stable rails of almost all PSUs. That is important for stability, especially if you plan to overclock. If you dont, and you dont want to buy that nice of a PSU, then get Antec, they make good quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom