New Computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krucial

Solid State Member
I want to build my own computer, but I can't afford to throw in the $1,000 up front to do it, so for this computer, I need a top of the line computer that is about $1,000 plus or minus a little that offers financing per month... preferably about $40-$50 per month. I also am only 18, so have no credit history so that is also a problem. Any help is appreciated.

i would just save until you have enough to go out and buy all the parts. also alot of local companies have auctions of their sued computer equipment (usally quite used) but you can pick up alot of keyboards mouses and monitors for cheap. yeah the quality isnt grate but it will save you 100$. You can then later go out and buy them new.

yeah or you could just upgrade the computer that you have now that way you can do it in steps, instead of forking out money all at once.

Everything about my computer needs upgrading, but this computer was given to me by a relative and it is not upgradable... the tower is mini and it is customized for gateway parts.

Gateway doesn't make its own parts, it uses other brands, puts them together, then sells them.

video card: Radeon 9200 Pro - basic but descent video card

sound card: use the motherboard's onboard sound card

hard drive: Seagate 40-80GB - inexpensive, very good quality, and the quietest ever 7200RPM hard drives

motherboard: Gigabyte 7S748

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ or 2600+ (Barton core)

speakers: use the ones you have now

monitor: some 17" flat CRT - you can use your old monitor before you get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom