New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoLeafClova

Baseband Member
i was gettin a new computer with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and an ATI Radeon 9800XT....

then i found out about the Intel 3.4 ghz thing and the ATI Radeon X800 pro and XT crap... now heres my problem, what do i get. do i stick with the AMD and the 9800XT or spend more money and get the Intel and go for the X800. plz help me out!!

Well if this system will be used for high end gaming then how about you spend a little more to get the Athlon 64 3400+ coupled with the X800 video card. or even better spend even more and get an fx-53 processor with the X800 video card. That's what i would do, and what you should do IMO

I'm pretty sure the Athloon 64 3400+'s are less expensive than P4 3.4GHZ...... or maybe it's just where I live
If it were me, I'd get the Athlon 64 3400+ and the 9800XT
Windows "longhorn" will only be able to run on 64-bit CPU's so you'll be ahead when it comes out
and Corsair Micro 2x256/2x512MB RAM

When the X800XT comes out im pretty sure its going to be the same price as the 9800XT is right now anyway, or at least the X800 pro. So I would wait a few weeks and spend your money on that card and I would also spend a few extra dollars for the 3400+ its a really good processor and is better for gamming than the p4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom