new comp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoguy

Beta member
i built this comp for gaming and ironically, that's the only thing it wont do..i play ravenshield (fps) and command and conquer generals (rts)
somewhere between 30 seconds and 5 minutes after starting play my comp starts to "freeze frame" and then go point of lockup, the whole comp does not respond, have to hit reset button to reboot the comp, everything is new in the system but the vid card and sound card, )128 mb 5200 ultra and sb audigy gamer, respectively) i have dled all the latest drivers i can find for all cards and bios for mobo, and the inf update for the chipset, even increased page file to no avail
have 4 case fans and intel active monitor software for sensing overheating and voltage problems.havent seen any, but i cant switch to it while comp is locking up to check right then,i think it is supposed to audibly warn me when theres trouble though, i have an antec 350 watt power supply, 4 case fans and 7 fans total system ( 4 case, vid card, processor, and of course power supply) background programs are norton antivirus, icq, ventrilo, norton internet security, this happens while playing single player or multiplayer both games,
2.6 p4
120 gig seagate sata hd
512 ddr 400 memory
865 perl mobo
windows xp pro
128 mb evga 5200 ultra vid card
sb audigy gamer audio card
only thing different between this comp and my old one as far as software is norton internet security, and comp still locks up even when its deactivated
Product name Intel(R) Desktop Board D865PERL based system
Board model Genuine Intel(R) D865PERL system board
OS version Windows* XP version 5.1 Service Pack 1 build 2600
OS memory 522,928 KB RAM

Processor
Processor Genuine Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Processor
Processor speed 2.60 GHz
Bus speed 800 MHz
L1 cache Data Cache 8KB, Execution Trace Cache 12K Micro-ops
L2 cache Advanced Transfer Cache 512 KB
Form factor Socket 478
Stepping 9

System
Physical memory 512 MB RAM
Memory speed DDR400
Memory type DDR, Synchronous
Form factor DIMM
BIOS date 10/23/2003
BIOS size 512 KB
BIOS version P12 (RL86510A.86A.0069.P12.0310231435)

check for compatability issues with you video card and you motherboard. this may be where the issue is arriving from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom