New Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPROTechman

In Runtime
Ok basically, I rebuilt my system into this case a few weeks back. I'm in the process of upgrading it, new motherboard at the mo, putting 4GB of ram and a phenom x6 1055t and a graphics card into it in around a month or so.

All my temperatures are fine, my CPU idles at 25c and maxes at around 45c under full load. HDD temps are at 30, motherboard and overall system are at 32c constantly.

The reason im posting is because im wondering if, I should change the airflow of my case?

My back fan exhausts, the top fan exhausts, the front fan is an intake to cool the HDD. The side fans are also exhausts, so basically all hot hair is being exhausted from the case but im wondering If i should have my bottom side fan to an intake, to blow cool air over my motherboard and northbridge? My temps are perfectly fine but im wondering if i can get them any lower, cheers.

Casecom 6788 Black Mid Tower Case with Full Black.. | Ebuyer.com - My case

p8230393.jpg

p8230395.jpg

p8230396.jpg

p8230398.jpg

p8230403.jpg

Note my images are not working with the IMG tag sorry.

experiment! I would say the only thing i'd change is side vents intake.

Yeah I think I'll do that now.

The reason I'm upgrading is because my motherboard and graphics card went at the same time. So I'm changing over to DDR3 As this board supports it, 4gb of it. Stuck between an Athlon II 635 or a Phenom X6 1055t 95w. Which do you think would be the best choice overall as a Gaming/video editing machine, Primarily Gaming.

And I've no idea on what graphics card to get , I have around £100-200 to spend. Sorry if it's off topic :)

Go with the x6. It not only has the extra cores, it also has extra cache.

Side fans have been changed to intake, rather than exhaust and I've seen a temperature drop of 10 degrees on the motherboard aswell as a 5 C drop on the Cpu!

I don't think you'll see much performance benefit from the Phenom II x6 over the Phenom II x4 for a bit. In the next year or so when game developers and software developers begin actually taking advantage of more than 2/4 cores you'll see a difference. For me, it's kind of a psychological thing. I have 2 of the cores disabled on my Phenom II x6 1055t, and this will allow me to overclock it a bit with this power supply.
However, I'm going to go re-enable those cores because it's just not the same. I get a better feeling when I have all 6 enabled and running even if it's at stock even if I'm not taking advantage of the extra cores. Why? I don't know really. It's just cool to have 6 cores :)

"My i7 920 PWNS your Phenom II x6! HAHAHA" "oh yea? I have 6 cores"

You can't argue with that.

P.S. 6 cores

I don't think you'll see much performance benefit from the Phenom II x6 over the Phenom II x4 for a bit. In the next year or so when game developers and software developers begin actually taking advantage of more than 2/4 cores you'll see a difference. For me, it's kind of a psychological thing. I have 2 of the cores disabled on my Phenom II x6 1055t, and this will allow me to overclock it a bit with this power supply.
However, I'm going to go re-enable those cores because it's just not the same. I get a better feeling when I have all 6 enabled and running even if it's at stock even if I'm not taking advantage of the extra cores. Why? I don't know really. It's just cool to have 6 cores :)

"My i7 920 PWNS your Phenom II x6! HAHAHA" "oh yea? I have 6 cores"

You can't argue with that.

P.S. 6 cores

It's not a phenom X4 I was comparing it to, it was an Athlon X4 But i get your point mate :p

more is better! I don't have 6gbs of ram cuz i max out 4 it's cuz i can than say "hey I have 6gb of ram.... *****!"

It's kind of sad. I have no paging file and I could be running all my background programs, unzip files, and play Gmod all at once and never go over 50% ram lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom