new case!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the UK and would help personally but for the rest of the summer I will be jumping around the world on holiday lol so don't have time.

First you need to find a local autoparts shop there you can buy the paint/ sandpaper and wax/polish and lacquer to get that perfect finish.

Take the case apart as many structural screws as you can and paint every part individually except small things like the pci slot covers you can obviously do together to save time. For the case panels it is best to suspend them a coat hanger will do. here are some good painting guides:

case-mod-paint-computer-pc-case-mod-how-to1
MODTHEBOX.COM - Canada's Premier Case Modding Source - Articles - Case Modding 101: Shatterstar's Painting Guide
BoxGods.com - Worship the Machine
linear1 case mods » case mod 101: how to paint your computer case (part 1)
Spooky's Computer painting guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I would leave the sides and front panel black but give them a fresh lick off glossy paint and then polish as in the above guides. I would paint the entire back panel and internal bays and under side of the side panels a ferrari red. the panels might be a challenge for dripping with the mesh so I would remove the mesh before painting the inside of the panel.

The LEDs will be easy to replace just open up the gauge probably held together with two screws snip the wire attached to the LED and replace with new LED with a splodge of solder to keep everything secure.

The 12" cold cathode lights I would place one at the back and one at the front with the actual lights hidden from view behind the panel or drive bays as seeing the lights can look a little half-assed and untidy. The little 4" you could place at the top but if the was space behind the front door of the case then it could give a more wholesome glow there you can figure this out when replacing the LEDs at the front

that sounds awesome ty salt i appreciate it

that sounds like its gonna be a good case when i get finished.

btw i like your idea i think im gonna do it that way.

also ty for the painting guides

later i gotta go

these are some basic images of what It will look like (bear in mind I did these with a touchpad and using paint the ultimate photo editing software lol):

11-156-060-10.jpg

11-156-060-11.jpg

11-156-060-17.jpg

lol nice touchpad paint...

man that sounds tight like a tiga(tiger)lol

im gonna do this i just am not so sure if wanna spend $100 on a case to possibly mess up the outside by me screwing up lol

i will probably have my friend help me

but thanx again salty

ill be sure to post pics of what it looks like when its done

hey does anyone know the dimensions on this case because i want to stick a set of 12 inch cathodes in the door 1 going from top left to bottom left right going from top right to bottom right??

think they will fit

I think the cathodes will be too thick look up the expanded factory design from the companies support website it should tell you where every screw is and the dimensions of every module in the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom