New build -- many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooka

Baseband Member
I had a computer building buddy put a system together ordered through newegg, and basically the thing won't read a signal to do anything. The specs are:

Antec case with seperate Antec 430 watt power supply
AMD 64 3200 processor
K8T Neo-FIS2R ATX Motherboard, Socket 754 For 64-bit AMD
ATI X800 pro
GB Mushkin 222 special ram PC3200
160 GB Seagate ST3160023AS SATA Hard drive
DVD|LITE ON 16X SOHD-167T
COMBO 52x32x52|SMSUNG SM-352NENB%BK

We've run out of ideas... I will have to send a Chaintech mobo back and I have replaced it with a K8T Neo-FIS2R ATX Motherboard, because the chainteck nForce3 250 was giving errors. The new mobo is giving no errors but with no signal to the monitor, I can't do anything.

It's like the mobo is not reading the AGP slot... but on both motherboards? The video card was replaced with a working one with no luck. Still no signal to monitor, and neither have onboard video.

Also the hard drive will not come on most of the time. Only one in about 7 tries.

The cd drives only word if the cable is unplugged to them. They are pointless as they are now only ejectable coasters.

As you can see I'm desperate to find any info. Is their anything we may have overlooked during the build? I can't load bios or anything else with no signal, and the monitor works fine.

cant get into bios. It will not send a signal to the monitor to read anything. Tried the two very good mobos mentioned above.

is it possible you fried the slot or the card when installing it? Rare but I've seen it happen.

No, neither mobos will read the card signal while the card worls. I wouldn't figure both mobos AGP slots to be bad.

which is why i said possibly the card may have gotten zapped. Have you tried your old video card?

ok, i had a simiar problem take a PCI video card and put that in. i had a prb with my agp card. once i got windows loaded, i put the agp card in and no problems, try that if it doesnt work, then you have a biggger problem on your hands

Try and limit the Periphrials unplug remove anything thats not needed .Basicly AGP 1 HD 1 CD drive.Check the extra power conector to the AGP make sure its conected securely.Make sure the MB is not grounding out anywhere .Check your memory moduals make sure there seated properly and in the correct slots.
Is your CPU fan spinning when you power on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom