NEW AMD QUAD FX Platform Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combo2049

Baseband Member
well just wanted to shared the lates news with you guys... you know I love to read a lot of things that everyone post so I found this and I wanted to shared them with you...

http://xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-quad-fx.html

I guess I will pass AMD this time and buy my self a Intel Core 2... I like play games on my computer and man I though amd would bit intell on this one... but for the price AMD has better deal :)... hope you injoy..

What really impressed me is that these new FX-70 series processors are still built on a 90nm frabrication process. Core 2 is 65nm, and Intel's already planning 45nm processors.

Seems AMD is still a step behind Intel.

I think they are working on 65nm and 45nm but I guess they're slower in the progress of it.

Wow.
Just wow.

AMD is really beat with this Core microarchitecture. Hopefully they can improve.

Yeah, I'd definitely want to see AMD CPU's that really compete with Core 2 microarquitecture.

AMD's current microarquitecture isn't bad. I actually like the HyperTransport bus and the on-die memory controller. I believe these are more elegant and modern solutions than Intel's FSB and chipset-dependant memory controller. But AMD lacks something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom