New AGP graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

koit

Solid State Member
I've recently purchased Command & Conquer Generals and can't play it as m current 3DFX Voodoo 5 5500 AGP card isn't compatible.

My system is currently :

Antec 380W power
CD/DVD rom
HP 9100 cdrw
Sound Blaster Live (front and back slots)
Floppy drive
Int Pent 4 2.0Ghz
40gb master HD
30gb slave HD
LAN (2mb cable line)

I would like some advice please on a decent graphics card that would fit well within my system and that has :

TV card so that I can capture video from a video player/DVD player (be that scart or composite or whatever)
The ability to run C&C, Star Wars Battlefronts and HL2.

Any advice and links to a UK store would be most appreciated.

My budget is around up to £200.00.

Thanks in advance

His computer does not have the highest specs, so for his comp., he does not need the best video card.

I would get this:
MSI NX6600-VTD128 Diamond GeForce 6600 128MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP)
here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_6600_GT.html

I do not recomend ati. Nvidia has a better price/performance ratio. You get more for your money.

You would need to get a tv capture card if you get one like I said.

Thanks.........

So a tv card not only allows analogue tv to be viewed on a pc........also, capturing video and sending graphics out, to a separate tv ?

What inputs do they normally have........composite ? - scart ?

See, what I want to do is not only play those games above, but also transfer some stuff I have on VHS to my comp for burning to VCD etc.

My sound blaster has audio in, so I presume this MSI graphics card takes the yellow (video in composite connection) and then the 2 get matched up in software.........audio and video ?

(NEW TO VIDEO CAPTURE)

You wont get many cards that capture for you, the best you could get is an AIW 9800 Pro

My personal recomendation is some sort of 6600GT AGP

Looked into the majority of these but am still having trouble deciding.

I need the best card that will work with windows 98se on an p4 ATX mobo (4xAGP 2.0)

Trying my best to get one that has video input, which I have found, but then these cards don't seem to be WIN98SE compatible........

Anyone out there know of one that fits my bill ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom