new 2ms 120hz montior still blurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan7777

Baseband Member
I got his BenQ XL2410T Monitor with 2ms and 120mz. After calibration...got 120hz on...go the AMA on (Benq's blurr control thingy), tried some games+video and my blurring is just as bad as it was on my 8 yo old 23ms 60hz ACER monitor.

On the box it says it works with NVIDIA 3D. And comes with "nvidia drivers" to install. I didn't use these because my WinXP auto-installed the monitor and picked a driver and I don't have a nvidia graphics card...these are my specs:

I have "Intel Graphics media accelerator" so I think that's a graphics chip.

Display adapters: Intel(r) G33/G31.
Processor: Pentium dual core CPU E5200 @ 2.5GHZ.

Would a graphics card or using the drivers that came with the monitor make a big difference with the blurring? Or are all LCDs really just still as blurry as they've always been and the 'response time' thing doesn't really mean anything?

I don't think its your monitor, I think its the fact that you're using on-board graphics.

If you have a video card laying around I'd try it with that.
Or if you don't, bring it to a friend's house that does and check it on their computer.

The only drivers that came with the monitor say "NVIDIA drivers for Gforce graphics card".
I figured if i didn't have a graphics card I wouldn't need those drivers. I don't know what other drivers I would try.

I do happen to have a Geforce card in my old computer but it's from 2001. ASUS GeForce2mx AGP-v7100...I assume even the Intel chip is more powerful than this by now.

About the need to test with a graphics card...would that blur without a card apply to everything? Including just scrolling text, because that's blurry too and I figured that's not a really graphics intensive thing, same with Youtube videos. That's why I thought it had to be the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom