New 23' Monitor - buy now or wait for Boxing Day?

RutigerPupkin

Solid State Member
I'd like to get a 23' monitor sometime during this holiday season. I'm even willing to brave some boxing day sales if it means I can get one for around $100. I'm in Canada, and currently the best deals I can find are for around 150 - anyone know if I can expect prices to drop drastically right after Christmas?

Some pre-boxing day deals I've looked at are

Canada Computers | LCD/LED Monitors | Acer A231HL Bbmii, 23" Widescreen IPS Panel Monitor, | 1920x1080, 5ms(GtG), 100M:1(ACM), | VGA and 2xHDMI
Buy the ASUS 24 Wide 1080p LCD, Speakers, VGA, DVI, HDMI at TigerDirect.ca

but I'm wondering if it is worth waiting until Boxing Day/Week.

LED, IPS, response time and refresh rate don't really matter to me (unless some of you convince me they should). The only requirements are that it is 1920x1080 and support HDMI or DisplayPort - I only have one DVI slot on my 7770 and I want to dual-monitor with my current 19' that is DVI only.

I plan to use this primarily for gaming, mostly strategy type games like Civilization and the Total War games, with the odd FPS or sandbox game like FarCry 3 or Assassins Creed in there too.

Not sure how much my specs matter for a monitor (other than video card), but here's some info if you need it.

Gigabyte B75M-D3H
Intel i3-2120
MSI R7770 1GB
Corsair GS600W PS
G-Skill Sniper Series 8GB 1600Mhz
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD

Back
Top Bottom