Network adapter question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Network adapter question

alright, well my hewlett packard pentium 3 got killed some how I will ask for help on that in another thread.. on topic I have another computer and it didn't have the network adapter hardware for dsl. I took out the network adapter from my crappy pre-made HP and put it in my crappy gateway celleron... so I turned on my computer and it didn't read any hardware... and I don't know what driver to use for it... can someone help me on how to figure out the driver or how to install it...........

Old 11-06-2004, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

yeah, get the model number from the card, go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers and software. everything should be peachy keen by doing that.

Old 11-06-2004, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

What's the OS?
Old 11-06-2004, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Rizinc4

Try this, right click on My Computer, click Properties, now you will see a tab called Hardware or Device Manager (depending on OS). If you see Hardware click that, and then click the Device Manager in there. Now find the device you are looking for, right click it and click Properties. Click the Drivers tab, select Install Drivers. Click Next, then Next again... now you should have an option as to where you want to search for drivers. Select Microsoft Windows Update. This will search Microsoft for your drivers, chances are good it will find something if not, then I guess we will be hearing from you again aye? Good Luck.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to silence782

Try www.driversguide.com the login is "drivers" the password is "all". Without the quotes, of course.
512 DDR 2700
160 GB westerndigital hd
Dual booted with XP/Fedora Core 5
PCchips M848A mobo
nVIDIA GeForce MX 4000 video Card
Associate\'s Degree in Applied Computer Sciences.
A+ Certified for Hardware and Operating Systems. Network+ Certified
Old 11-08-2004, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well i already did what some of u suggested, to search the comp for new drivers, but it didn't find any and there is only 1 hewlett packard driver for the network adapter and it's wrong, since i don't have the internet how should i get the driver onto the computer?
Old 11-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Rizinc4

Bring a CD (or floppy if the drivers fit on it, although it most likely will not) and simply download the drivers at an Internet accessable computer, place them on the storage device, and when you get home you should be able to install them straight from the CD or Floppy in Windows.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

alright cool thanks, but doesn't there have to be a cd burner on it? my friend has one i'll try that

Closed Thread