need your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossroad

Beta member
sup guys...I have a p4 2.8ghz cpu...865perl mobo 478 socket...and ddr 2100...and i want to upgrade to a 3.4ghz and corsair 400mhz 3200...would that make a huge difference?

no it wouldn't make a huge difference, you probably won't even feel the difference

IMO intel sucks (sure, a billion fan boys would jump in here and flame me) and corsair sucks too, not that the brand matters

Are you kidding me man? He'll sure as hell see a performance increase, he'll see a massive increase in memory bandwidth with the memory speed being close to double, not to mention the instruction speed gained.

IMO intel sucks (sure, a billion fan boys would jump in here and flame me) and corsair sucks too, not that the brand matters
If you're going to blatantly state that a manufacturer sucks you should at least justify your reasoning. I'm certain this guy has a socket 478 motherboard and is not interested in dishing out the cash for a new platform altogether.

yes...I don't want to buy a new mobo...i just want to get the 3.4ghz cpu and some good ram....patriot ram any good?

oh, i just skimmed through it and didn't see the "pc2100"

so yes, pc3200 will give you a nice increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom