Hello

My system specs:

Athlon 2500+ Barton
Lanparty NFII ultra
Radeon 9500 Pro (softmodded)
512 Mb PC2700 Corsair OCZ Platinum
Generic 400 Watt PSU
80 Gb WD Caviar

I recently bought a brand new CPU cooler, the Aero 4 Lite. After a bit of force, I removed the stock one and installed this one. I turned on the comp, and decided to do some hardcore overclocking. Being a n00b and very stupid at the time, I increased the FSB from 166 to 200, the multiplier from 11 to 11.5, and the core voltage from 1.600 to 1.675. I exited the BIOS, and the system basically went caput. I panicked, and then erased the BIOS from the mainboard using jumpers, booted up, reset the BIOS, and everything seemed fine, save a few things Windows was complaining about. The problem was, after a short period of time my system shut down. However the POWER LED and DIMM STANDBY LED remain lit. It seems to be somehow linked to temperature, as the longer it was off, the longer it will stay on. I also know that it isn't software related, as it has shutdown during just surfing the net, during a game of HALO, and in the middle of the BIOS. I need to know how to fix this immediately.

Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot you guys.

Wow, thats a tough one. The only thing I can possibly think of would be that you somehow screwed your processor when you took the old heatsink off, but that wouldn't make sense either. Sorry I am thinking about it as I type. LOL

Maybe you screwed your ram slots up. I tried overclocking my processor from 133 to 134, and I fried my all my ram slots. I have no idea how it happened but it did.

Hope this helps a little

Imaxle

When you installed the new heatsink/fan, did you clean the old gunk off the cpu first and apply some thermal compound, before re-seating the new HS/fan?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It sounds like you are overheating, and if you didn't put new thermal paste on you will really have some heat problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom