need ur opinion on which speakers to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
am in the market for a new set of speakers. 5.1 or 7.1, dont really matter much as long as they kick the hell outta my walls lol. am looking at the Logitech Z680 5.1 Speaker System ( 450 or 505watts, i read that they came out with a better version of it or something so am not sure of the total power) OR the CREATIVE GigaWorks S750 7.1 Speaker (which is 700watts, but i heard the sound isnt as good as a person think). which one is better buy overall: sound, lenght of life, look, power, etc.

I would go with the logitechs. Every set of logitech speakers i have heard have been better than creative. Creative speakers are usually lacking in overall quality, and you are going to pay a lot for the 7.1, Do you have a sound blaster Audigy 2 zs that will even support the 7.1? If you dont then you are kind of wasting your money. The logitechs also have digital output which I have never used but im sure it sounds really awesome. I have the z560's and they rock the pictures on my wall, so im sure the extra center speaker will be enough for your needs espeically if you take advantage of the digital. Not only are the z680's cheaper but i think they are better, espeically if you dont even have a 7.1 compatable sound card.

i've listened to them at best buy. the creative speakers sound muffled like the speaker is encased inside a box. definately get the Logitech Z680, you won't regret it. if you can goto a local store and listen for yourself you can hear what i'm talking about.

First, i'm a big Creative fan, so I'd tentatively say the Gigaworx, but i don't think that many things (if any) support the extra two channels, plus u may as well flush ur money if u don't have a 7.1 sound card (as mentioned above). Logitex look bad@$$ and you probly can't go wrong with them; however, i will admit i've heard neither in person.

I have logitechs and they are really good, Ive found out that Altec lansings are really good too, despite people sometimes saying they suck, they've done good for me(for small speaker systems tho)

the sound card ( audigy X gamer ) i have isnt THX, so in buying these speakers will i be wastin my money?

another quick question, whats the best way i can get these speakers hooked up to my tv, so when i play ps2 or gc, i can get kick a$$ 5.1 sound

WTF!!! Get the Audigy 2 and the Klipsch 5.1 ultra!!! Shit yea, I have that set up and it kicks ass!! Best speakers I've heard! Klipsch forever!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom