Need upgrading advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixxxStryng

Beta member
This is my current computer:

1.4 GhZ AMD-Atholon T-bird
256mb DDR pc-2100
256mb DDR Geforce FX5600 (I think it's a 5600, I forgot and I have not used my computer in a while. It might be the 5200)

I know my motherboard is a Mainboard K7S5a

What should I upgrade to? Is my video card alright to play the new games that will be coming out. I just bought it 3 to 4 months ago. I know I need a bigger hard-drive. Should I go 64bit for my CPU??

Help?!

p.s. What would the price range be to upgrade?

Hmm...okay. First you would want to upgrade mobo/processor. 64 bit is not needed ow but in 2 years windows 64 bit os called longhourn will come out and this will require a 64 bit processor so the 64 bit processo would be future-proof. As for ur vid card, a 5200 would be able to play current games but in low settings....i would believe. Then after the processor/mobo, you want to upgrade the ram. If your a heavy gamer, its nice to have 1 gig but if u cant afford get 512 now and then 512 later. Get some pc3200 cas2 or cas 2.5 ram. You don;t want cas 3 ram as it isnt that fast. Also get a name brand stick of ram like...kingston hyperX, OCZ,Mushkin or corsair or geila. Your hd would come next and i would go for a sata hd. SOmething like WD,seagate, or maxtor would be nice in sata form. As for how much it costs, well go on www.newegg.com and check. cheers.:D

I would'nt worry too much about going 64bit yet. And windows long horn will support 32bit processors. There will be 2 versions released a 64bit version and a 32bit version. How do I know this?

I've seen it run on an Athlon XP 2600+ (The 32bit beta version).:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom