Need some cheap mouse suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I know mice, but only the high end gaming species. I am looking for a cheap, decent mouse to buy for work. While I have a mouse at work, it is a Logitech LX3 Optical which really irritates the crap out of me. It paired with the pitiful P4 2.4 is enough to make we want to break things. My keyboard at work is a semi-decent Logitech Classic 200 so I can live with it... but this mouse has got to go.

Anyway, I am looking for a mouse that is comfortable (right-handed), has at least a back button, 1000+ dpi. Wired or wireless as long as it is USB. No fancy drivers, or they must at least be XP compatible. It has to be on NewEgg and I would prefer the price to be as low as it can be and still be a usable mouse.

That one is worth considering. I see this one, too:
Newegg.com - Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 - Mice

I was looking at some of Gigabyte's mice, too.

any others?

Looking at Newegg I would probably try this mouse out but there's no way to know how comfortable it will be. I know I have to have a big mouse and they never list dimensions.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GM-ECO600 Black 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser 1600 dpi Mouse

(L)124.5*(W)77.6*(H)41.8 mm
5" x 3.1" x 1.7"

I have been a long time user of a logitech G9 bought it new when it came out. I recently got a Intelimouse 3.0 and I am finding that i prefer it. I can't imagine that the gigabyte mice are of the same build quality.

Anyone messed with Gearhead? The mice by Orange look good, but the reviews talk about how cheap made they are and how they fall apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom