Need some cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzinger

Beer
I need some cables, but I'm not sure as to what they are called.

Resolution on 1080i HDTV
I have an eVGA 6800 GT, and I am able to hook it up via s-video to my 53" Sony 1080i HDTV. I can only reach a max resolution of 1024x768. I know that HDTVs run at very low resolutions, but is there any way to make the screen more clear by buying another cable? I have seen ATI cards that have HDTV support by including an s-video cable that has 3 digital video cables (teal, red, blue) on one end with the s-video on the other end. Would using that instead of the standard s-video cable increase quality/resolution?

Connect to TV
In order to get sound, I have to hook up the computer directly to my sound system using a digital cable. Obviously this is better than the standard, but I may want to hook this up to another tv which isn't hooked up to a sound system. Is there any way I can hook it up to the tv? I just use my onboard audio. I think I may need one of these cables that has a headphone-size jack on one side that splits to a red/white l/r ends.

Calzinger said:
I need some cables, but I'm not sure as to what they are called.

That obviously implies that I need the names of the types of cables. I don't think "the orange thingey" would get me anywhere.

Would using one of these s-video to HDTV cables even increase resolution/quality? I can't even read anything on my TV now with the standard s-video cable.

I'm looking for a cable shown below. It's the second cable from the right.
14-127-175-06.JPG

Well it sounds like your tv supports a maximum HD resolution 1080i. To get that out of your video card, you would have to use the High Definition cables that should of came with your video card. In the pciture, it's the one with the blue, red, and green connectors on one end. Using a converter from S-Video to component wouldn't gain you any quality.

KorKwin said:
Well it sounds like your tv supports a maximum HD resolution 1080i. To get that out of your video card, you would have to use the High Definition cables that should of came with your video card. In the pciture, it's the one with the blue, red, and green connectors on one end. Using a converter from S-Video to component wouldn't gain you any quality.

My GPU didn't come with that cable. Does this mean that it is incapable of putting out that 1080i resolution? Or can I buy the cable?

I searched newegg and was only able to find ATI-compatible ones. Can you send me a link for an nVidia one?

And would using one of these adapters increase quality? What resolution would I be running this at?

It should definately increase quality. But I haven't worked with HD and graphics cards together so I don't know what resolution you could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom