Need some advise on sound improvment. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2004, 03:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Need some advise on sound improvment.

Pretty much decided Audigy 2zs non platnum.I want a 5.1 speaker set up.

Logitech Z-680
Built in decoder
THX certifid
Lot of review's talking about a hiss coming from speaker's.They made a new controler for it but still hiss's or some say.

Klips 5.1 ultra's
No hiss rock solid sound
No decoder
No certified

Pretty much want to stick to under $500.If the Z's really hiss it would drive me nut's.

Old 01-24-2004, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I bought the aud 2zs just after xmas. I was hooked up to a 2.1 speaker system, did not cut it. I was searching for new speakers and I decided on the creative 7.1. Paid $160cdn. I love em. Loud enough to made your ears hurt. No hiss, great sub, overall great sound. I looked at the z680's and was going to buy them but wanted to get all the benifits I could out of the sound card, movies still are only 5.1 but in the future maybe they will be 7.1. But I will be ready.

main rig..amd 2500mobile oc@2200,ga7n400-e-l, thermaltake silent boost, audigy2zs,creative 7.1,1024 ocz performace ram, gigabyte 9600pro,2 40 and 160gig hd, ultra x-connect 500watt ps.
p4 1.6
hp 2.8 laptop
Old 01-25-2004, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Went with the Z-680 285-20 rebate=265.Really worried about it having the older controller.Find out in 3 days.Anyone heard a hiss or fixxed it.

7.1 is just to many speaker's for me. Id figure they were plotting against me and try to take over my small apartment.
Closed Thread