Need to recover a FAT 32 Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Some bright spark desided not to check that they backed up Every Thing for starting to rebuild there Windows 98 OS. And in the prossess as lost about 4 years worth of accounting data.

It make thing worse, there back up have gone AWAL when they changed business locations.

Luckly they have not formatted the hard drive.
Can any one suggest any way to recover a FAT 32 Partition.

recover a fat 32 partitiion????? Why not shove the hard drive in a PC, and just get the data of it?

IF they have simply reinstalled the OS, then I would agree with HOrris on this. Just slave the dirve and start digging. If they did remove the old file, then I hope you have patience and a big hammer. The patience are for the computer and the hammer is for the Idiot. Please, don't hesitate to use the hammer, it will be better for man kind.

OK, do the tools that you need: google says...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=Fat32+file+recovery+software&btnG=Search

Good luck

Silesia,

"Luckly they have not formatted the hard drive.
Can any one suggest any way to recover a FAT 32 Partition."

What did they do?

horris1st has the best idea, followed by inaris but only if the drive has the O/S installed and not uninstalled/deleted.

If you have no O/S you will need to use a DOS Disk Editing Utility.
These utilities read the drive at the sector/cluster level. Provided that the files where not overwritten and the drive will spin 90% recovery is possible.

If the O/S has been deleted/uninstalled then reinstalled your chances of file recovvery drops to 50%.

Not to rain on your parade, just some facts.

Bill, zhills

Inaris said:
then I hope you have patience and a big hammer. The patience are for the computer and the hammer is for the Idiot. Please, don't hesitate to use the hammer, it will be better for man kind.

Yeah... do humanity a favor and remove him from the gene-pool.

I am going to give it one more try this morning. If I still can not get it work, i am going to hand back say "It's your own damn fault"

um, slaving the drive? that wont do anything. I'm assuming that the partion was lost via fdisk? If so, slave'n it is useless. There are 3rd party DOS utilities that are supposed to recover deleted partitions, how well they work and the chances of recover of all data is ify at best, as I'm sure being able to remap all table pointers is next to impossible, but again I'm not sure as I've never used it. Anyhow, here is an example of one such utility for non -NTFS... again, I dont know how well these things work and I wouldn't put my hopes into them ;)

http://www.partition-recovery.com/quest1.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom