need recommendations for laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzybel

Beta member
Hi, I'm new here, and need some advice and recommendations for a new laptop. Here are the features I need (forgive me if I use the wrong terminology!):

- fairly lightweight and thin
- decent-sized screen (15" is good)
- DVD & CD burner
- decent video card with dedicated memory
- good-sized HD (60GB+)
- built-in wireless/ethernet card
- 512+ mb of ram

I need these features because although I'm not a hardcore gamer, I do enjoy playing some games from time to time and would like to have a good experience when I do. I'm aware that a desktop is better for gaming, but I absolutely need a laptop for school, and that's why I need something that is reasonably portable as well. I've found an Acer laptop (Travelmate 4502LMi) that pretty much fulfills all of these requirements and is still pretty cheap ($1100-ish), but I don't know anyone who's had an Acer and so I'm a little wary about buying it. The sales guy at Fry's recommended a Toshiba Satellite (not sure of the model number but it had a 100GB HD) but it's a bit pricier at $1600-ish.

Anyway, sorry for making this so long, but if there's anyone who can share their experiences with Acer laptops or can recommend a better one to suit my needs, I'd be very grateful. If you want to take a look at the Acer's specs, here's a link. http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=4215649#description
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom