Need a power supply advice - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 09:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to 4W4K3

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex81388
Yes it does, just look at the pictures provided, ones of the sticker on the back. Wish I saw that one before I bought mine, although its not crapping up yet.
ah, in the pics i didn't look at any of the pics, just the description.

its slightly weaker than the Rosewll i posted, but certainly not "bad" by any means.

Maybe i'm weird, but i NEVER buy a PSU for under $50, i actually try not to get anything below $75 if i can afford it. the PSU is the backbone of your PC, and not something to skimp on. There are a few really good cheap ones, but i just don't trust a $32 PSU lol. Last thing i want is a cheapo PSU to short out and take my RAM with it or worse more than 1 thing.

I hope it gives you good results, didn't mean to discourage you or anything.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Therock

4W4K3 you think that the psu u mentioned above would be comaptible with ATI Radeon 9600 ? cuz I just got the new video card and it keeps freezing so I'm not sure but it might be due to psu.

1GB OCZ extreme series (2 x 512)
OCZ 550 Watt PSU
Samsung 200GB 7200rpm
Tsunami Dream Case
Old 01-22-2005, 12:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to 4W4K3

Quote:
Originally posted by Therock
4W4K3 you think that the psu u mentioned above would be comaptible with ATI Radeon 9600 ? cuz I just got the new video card and it keeps freezing so I'm not sure but it might be due to psu.
it's compatible with any video card you can throw at it im sure. 550Watts should run a 6800U 256MB lol. I'd make sure it's not the card itself first b4 blaming the PSU, unless the one you have now is old or sketchy. Usually a simple reinstall of the card and its drivers should fix alot of problems. check if its overheating and if you have up to date sdrivers and all that general stuff...
Old 01-29-2005, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I just wanted to let you guys know how the psu is working. I've got 3 words to describe it: piece of crap. I should have went with your recommendation. I feel so stupid now......
First of all the 12v rail is working around 11.30 with my current setup. Other thing is the quality of the connectors. 3 of them don't fit with my components, 1 of them being the mobo connector which is ridiciolous. They don't fit because of the poor manufacturing quality.
Don't laugh at me for not listening to you . Now I went wish a 520W version of what was suggested to me, the monster has a 35amp 12v rail.

My lesson has been learned.

2GB Corsair XMS Ram
520W Aspire Triple Fan PSU
GeForce 6800 Ultra
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
10,000 RPM 74GB Raptor
120GB Maxtor
Princeton 17\' DVI Monitor
Logitech Cordless Duo MX
Creative P7800 7.1 Speakers
AOpen DVD Dual Layer recorder
</font>