need opinion please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy

Beta member
hi guys, i've decided on what i want to put into my new computer, mobo and cpu wise. i'm looking for your opinion on this combo:

amd athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz HT 512KB L2 cache Socket 939

and

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe socket 939 (of course) Nvidia nForce4

any thoughts?

the processor looks really decent, and 1 Ghz FSB is pretty good :)

The mobo looks good, but do not use onboard graphics if you are into gaming.

oh no, i already have a gfx card, thats why it not in the list, these are things i still have to buy which is why i'm asking opinions on them.

Yeah, that is a good processor (I have the 3500+ Venice core), and I like ASUS motherboards. I haven't used the A8N-SLI myself, but I have seen good reviews.

Just make sure that the graphics card you already have is PCI Express. an AGP card WILL NOT WORK in that motherboard.

looks nice , but you can probably get a better athlon 64 cpu by taking a cheaper mobo without SLI like the asus a8n-e

i like that a8n-e mobo, but i want the sli, not for right now, i have no use for it, but i want it for use later on, upgradeability i guess you'd call it.

actually i have a question for you guys, i don't know much about mobos and i was wondering if every mobo has hookup for front usb/firewire/ect or do you have to find one specific for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom