Need new processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Carl

Beta member
Ok first off, right now I'm running a 2.4 Pentium, but it's not cutting it anymore. I need a new one that can flawlessly handle games like BattleField 2, Doom3, Half Life 2 etc..... I really have no idea what I want to get, mainly because I'm very inexperienced when it comes to this. I don't want to spend a ton of cash, and I also want to know if I get a newer pentium, if I'll have to get a new motherboard as well (obviously I would for an Athlon). Thanks

You can possibly get a newer pentium, please see the ID your hardware stick in the hardware section.

Well yoru question is open ended, we can all scream fx-57 here since you dont even have a price range

well AMD CPU's are best for gaming but then again you'd need a new mobo to support AMD 64.

I strongly suggest you save up a little extra and buy an S939 mobo and an AMD 64 3200+ CPU (venice). Great performance, great price.

Maybe just a video card upgrade will do. I know Bf2 and Doom 3 are pretty GPU intensive.

Well I'd say for running games like that, you're gonna want about a 3GHz P4 or an AMD 3000 or whatever, and a 6600GT.

The processor is less than half the equation to getting good frames on today's games with good resolutions. Check if you has a good video card first.

where can I buy a AMD 2000 CPU ? I know my mobo will handle it and according to the MANu. It can be upgraded to 2800 with min. 758 ram I already bought 2 cpu fans and a Readeon 9600 vid card but need a faster CPU to handle them. Any Idea's??? Would prefer a Canadian Store if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom