Need a new Power Supply badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinrocker

Solid State Member
Well I attempted to finish up my new setup this weekend. Had a bump in the road for $$ and couldn't finish buying the parts. Anyway, I hooked it all up and nothing a little blip of the neon's and a few turns on the heatsink fan. Friend of mine hooked up his power supply to the motherboard and it turned it on and worked until his power supply fried. Anyway, long story short I am in desperate need of a solid power supply. What I've got to run is, Intel 3.0E p4, ATI 9800pro, 200gb HD, the 6 fan's in the case, the Artic Cooler VGA cooling fan, and the 120mm cpu heatsink fan. Thanks a lot in advance and hopefully what my friend says about speedy and wise help is true.

Thanks,
Adam

go to tigerdirect.com
find power supplies

buy Ultra Xconnect 500w. modular PSU for 39.99 with rebate.

gojonnygo5 said:
go to tigerdirect.com
find power supplies

buy Ultra Xconnect 500w. modular PSU for 39.99 with rebate.

They are built like crap

If you have the money get that 480Watt Thermaltake, if not get the TT-420AD from thermaltake

the thermaltake is good but im sayin for 39.99 the ultra xconnects are also good. KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN?

gojonnygo5 said:
the thermaltake is good but im sayin for 39.99 the ultra xconnects are also good. KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN?

I've already gone the "cheap" route. The Aspire Chamelion didn't even work out of the box so I'm not about to try something cheaper again lol. I want enough power to possibly upgrade the video card too. The thermaltake is what I was really looking at. I don't want to spend over 100 bucks so I guess under 100 is my real pricepoint. Thanks again though.

power supplies are on of those things you want to get right the first time. buy the best and most reliable psu you can get now, so later you won't have to worry about it as you add more hardware to your pc. my antec true550 has worked awesomely so far, ocz also makes some very nice ones.

charles_scott said:
That PSU shouldnt have died like that..... Make sure your mobo isnt grounded to the case.....

Which power supply? My friends 4 year old 300watt power supply?? The one that I had the Aspire Chamelion never even powered on. The mobo isn't grounded as far as I know I would just think a 300watt power supply couldn't give enough to handle the load it needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom