Need high-end Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
I ordered a EVGA 6800GT from America but a week later found out my order didn't go through and can't wait another 3ish weeks to reorder it.

So now I'm on the market for a PCI-E card for gaming, any recommendations? Cards that are easily avaliable in the UK (No BFG, EVGA etc.) And is the 850xt better than any 6800gt?

i have an X850 XT, and i can crank up half life 2 all the way, no problem. I would recommend in the bang 4 the buck category the X800 XL. Dun know if it is in Uk though.

I would highly recommend the 6800 GT. Stay away from the X800 series, because although the XL matches the GT with current games, it is going to feel very dated soon because we are almost into the Pixel Shader 3.0 age, which right now, only Nvidia supports.

Trifid said:
The x800xl is in the uk.

If you want a 6800gt, the leadtek one is ranked very highly. £287.82 from http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_6800_Series.html

Sadly, I've heard the board I got "DFI Lanparty" isn't big enough to have them two leadteks in SLI due to that oversized fan. But I'm not sure if I would get another for SLI, but is the XFX gt anygood, I mean can it be overclocked to ultra speeds?

well they have some issues with reliability, but if you are lucky to get a good one (well 2), than they are meant to be really good overclockers. The highest 3dmark was made by them (with some sub zero cooling and alot of overclocking.)

I really doubt I'll end up going for SLI, atleast not for alot of months! And by then I'm guessing something new will be along.

So really what is the best 6800GT that'll be able to be OC'd to Ultra speeds?

like I said before, they have problems with being DOA (Dead On Arival) but are good overclockers if you are lucky to get a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom