Need help where to send laptop to be opened to put new hard drive in under $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcruise3230

In Runtime
Dear members:

does any one know please where do isend my laptop to be opened to take out the old hd and put a new hd in? (checked bestbuy, circui tcity, staples, and my nearest toshiba laptop providers: all do it for at least 70 dollars just for taking out hd and installing a new one!)?
Also, can you tell me how to open up a laptop or articles that do show you how step by step and other things? please let me know as soon as u can! thank you very much

okay it is toshiba 1400-s151 (i checked user guide for my laptop from toshiba site, but it doesn't show or tell how to take it out step by step).
also, i live in staten island, new york

If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, then perhpas you should check your local computer businesses. The people in our area charge only $40 an hour, and what you want to do would take no more than 30 min for soemone that knows what they are doing. SO check your yellow pages or google you zip code and see what you get.

If you feel like doing it yourself, you probably don't really have to open the laptop. If you look along the sides, there should be a panel a little larger than a deck of cards (the shorter side of such a deck) with a screw in the middle or on the bottom. That is the drive housing. I believe, you carefully unscrew it and you shouldget a sort of tray with the drive in it.

Look it up online, I'm sure there is a more detailed explanation elsewhere.

well i unscrewed everthing and it didn't came out like its stuck or something. therefore, i think i have one of the laptops that u have to completly dismantly or open up the laptop in half in order to take out the hd. (their was no tray where the hard drive just the hard drive where it should be). therefore can youtell me where i can find infomation explaining step by step how to dismantle the laptop or at laest open it in half? thank u very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom