Need help watching 3D movies

bomt697

In Runtime
Hello, gonna start off by saying sorry if this post is in the wrong spot. I have a MSI R5770 Hawk video card (spoke with a very RUDE tech support personnel and confirmed the card was capable of handling 3D video), using the latest version of MKV player (which states it supports 3D video play back) and just a got Sumsung LED Tv with 3D playback capability (which is connected via a Hi-Speed HDMI cable to my video card). However, I'm still having trouble getting the 3D image to start working, even when the Tv states the 3D glasses are connected. Please help, Thank you.

Is your HDMI cable 1.4 compliant at minimum? Is an HDCP link being created between the GPU and TV? (Required for Blu-Ray playback...) What model TV are you using? Sometimes you have to tell the TV the stream is 3D if your using MKV files, otherwise it may treat it as a 2D feed.

Is your HDMI cable 1.4 compliant at minimum? Is an HDCP link being created between the GPU and TV? (Required for Blu-Ray playback...) What model TV are you using? Sometimes you have to tell the TV the stream is 3D if your using MKV files, otherwise it may treat it as a 2D feed.

I'm using a high speed cable, which i read was the type i needed for 3D play back
I'm not sure what HDCP link is, please advise
I got a samsung un32es6500 LED, how do I tell the Tv the content that is being played is 3D?
Please excuse me for my ignorance on this matter
Thanks

As of the HDMI 1.4 specification, these are the following cable types defined for HDMI in general:[71][72]
Standard HDMI Cable – up to 1080i and 720p
Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet
Automotive HDMI Cable
High Speed HDMI Cable – 1080p, 4K, 3D and deep color
High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

I suggest looking at your TV sets user manual, and make sure your PC is in fact sending a 3d feed, should be under your ATI Catalyst Control Center for the settings.

I suggest looking at your TV sets user manual, and make sure your PC is in fact sending a 3d feed, should be under your ATI Catalyst Control Center for the settings.

My cable is of the specs u mentioned above, I extensively searched ATI catalyst control center for 3D viewing options but only found information on increasing the smoothness of 3D images while playing a game.

Back
Top Bottom