Need HELP! Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciroalb

Baseband Member
I just bought a Pentium D 820, mobo Asus P5LD2-VM, XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128MB, 1GB Corsair DDR2, M-Audio Audiophile 2496 ...spent all my money on that, so I´ll buy the case and HD later on...for now, will use the ones from my old P3 1Ghz...anyway, the power source I need to buy...I was thinking about the SevenTeam 420 BKV...do you think that real 420w will be plenty? Thanks!

I read that 350 W was the standard, so 420 W should do nicely. I'm not sure, but it wouldn't hurt to spend a few extra dollars for a 450 or 480W just to be safe. And that way, you can add stuff later on if you need to. Good luck; wish I had a computer like yours.

A Thermaltake TT-420AD would do great in your system, get a brand name power supply always

7team is a brand name...I was just asking if this energy would be enough...real 420w...

If I ever finish this pc how I want, it´d be:

Pentium D 820 processor (I have)
mobo Asus P5LD2-VM (I have)
XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128MB (I have)
2GB Corsair DDR2 (I have only 1GB now)
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 (I have)
2 7200RPM SATA HD (I have only 1 old HD from my P3)
DVD-RW (Don´t have),

Isn´t real 420w enough for that?? Thanks

u dont need 2 gigs of RAM, but whatever.

U should be fine with the TT-420AD, though it might be worth it to get a TT-480AD

powerslave12 said:
if you are going to upgrade, which you will need to, buy a 500 watt p/s for 50 bucks on newegg.

I agree. You should NEVER skimp out on your power supply.

The point of buying a good power supply now is so that you don't have to buy a better one later when you upgrade. It will last you some good time.

I have the OCZ Powerstream 520W PSU, and I have been very satisfied with its quality and reliability.

Those on a budget should consider the OCZ Modstream 520W. It's $12 more than its 450W version, but obviously worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom