Need help transferring files

Status
Not open for further replies.

coppilot

Baseband Member
I just purchased a new dell 8400 and wasa wondering what would be the easiest way to get all my importnat files on the new system? The computer I have now is a Dell L733r. It has a floppy disk drive and a CD drive. The new computer does not have a Floppy disk drive. Thanks!

No burner?
take out the harddisk and hook it up to the new computer, then copy all files to the new computer's harddisk.

yep,
The major is right as usual. If you have an ethernet card on your old machine you could network and avoid moving hard drives but I would drop the old hard drive in as a slave and let it rock.

hmmm I once had to do this and for some reason ethernet wasn't an option. I opened both cases put them side by side took the ribbon off and attached it to the other computer. Didn't change the power connector, booted the computer with the disconnected drive first, then the other, and it worked...... kind of a stupid thing to do though.

If the computer is plugged in and you just plug another hd in it the hd would probobly blow.

Actually I tried that a few times with my old HDD's, nuthing happened. But hell yeah, its really unsafe to do so. !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom