need help please :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeJ615

Baseband Member
i just bought a new PC a few days ago and made my first move from integrated to dedicated graphics, overall im very happy with the performance even though it's a budget video card (9600 pro 256MB) but i have an issue with large pixelated spikes in some games example~> http://clan-teq.net/main/images/uploads/aawtf.JPG
my friends have 2 9600SE's and 1 9550SE, and play most of the same games without this problem, i've tried various settings in the catalyst control center but cant sem to get rid of this minor annoyance can anyone suggest anything?

Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M MOBO
AMD Athlon 3000+ 754pin
1Gig (2x512) DDR400 PC3200 RAM
120GB WD 7200RPM 8MB cahe HDD
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB DDR AGP
Windows XP Home SP2

did you try turning up the settings?

more AA, AF, and turn the resolution to the max of your monitor?

yea i have the catalyst 5.5 drivers, and i had the GPU options maxed out when i first saw the spikes now i have them turned down just a notch below max on everything and the spikes are still there, and yes i've tried changing AA and AF settings

lol, that soliders being stabbed in class!

My first thoughts are simply you got a bunk card and you might considering RMAing it to get a replacement.

damn i really hope that isnt the case, i would hate to wait 2 weeks and pay extra shipping back and forth to newegg :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom