need help on my memory please.... its been weeks hope you can help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarface_tgp

Beta member
i purchased a memory pc266 256mb w/c has a infiniteram chips on it, when i placed it in my dimm slot and started the computer it only reads 128mb.... also i have an old memory w/c is 128mb only but has elixir in it so all in all i have only 256 (w/c is supposed to be 384)... i have already consulted the manufacturer of my board w/c is Asrock and they replied its okay for me to use 128 and 256 at the same time.... i have tried already reinserting both memory, cleaned the dimm slots with a light brush and even tried exchanging positions but still reads the 256mb as 128mb... and when i play need4speed hot pursuit it says the game is trying to write on a read only something w/c i already forgot, before i can play on it but now i cant even low end games like nba2003 hangs-up.... and when i changed os from win98 (w/c i prefer) to winXP i always get the "blue screen of death" so i returned to win98. Can anyone help me with this problem? i would surely appreciate it a lot.... btw im using Asrock P4M266A, Pentium 4 1.8Gh, P1.90A bios version (w/c is the latest, i think its oct 2003 ver.). thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom