Need Help! Is my board defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkHacker716

Beta member
Hey, this is my first post here and I'm new to building computers, but I think I've got a defective motherboard. I'm building a custom system and I've got a brand-new Asus P4C800-E Deluxe that doesn't seem to be detecting my IDE drives correctly. When I power up, BIOS goes through all POST checks fine. When BIOS checks for IDE drives, my CD drive is usually detected. My hard disk is never detected. I have a western digital 80GB jumpered to single master on PRI_IDE and My CD-RW is the master on SEC_IDE. I've tried switching the CD-RW and the Hard disk around (CD-RW on PRI_IDE and hard disk SEC_IDE) and the BIOS will detect the CD-RW but not the hard drive. I'm sure of all my connections. The reason for my thinking the board is defective is that sometimes it will not detect the CD-RW drive, or it will sometimes show up as a Fourth IDE Master instead of Secondary IDE. Any help regarding getting my Motherboard to detect my hard drive or confirming that it is defective would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom