Need Help looking for new TV/PC monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeeRoMaKi

In Runtime
Alright here's what I found for choices but before I post links remember this is what I need/looking for. I want a TV/Monitor that I can use my PC, TV HD Digital Cable and xbox 360 all on one monitor/tv for under $400. A friend of mine said because I don't care about size, I should get a monitor cause they are cheaper for 24" and under. But does that compermise video quility on TV? Also, I rather buy from bestbuy then from newegg unless it's a huge price difference. Also I don't have any HDMI cables (1 might come with the cable box) and for the 360 I only have the plug for the components, so I would need to add the cost of cables I will need. (The 360 to VGA cable is like $40). Also my video card is a gf 260x 886mb or w/e it is. Has a DVI to HDMI converter, but will need to buy a HDMI cable for PC no matter what. I hope that's everything that people need to know. I will be checking this page a lot as I will make my purchese on friday when i have the money (also why i wanted to get it in a store so i dont gotta wait the weekend untill the send it and it will prob end up arriveing wensday/tuesday.

HDTV's list so far. Lowest Price to Higher.

1.) Insignia® - 26" Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV DVD Combo - NS-LDVD26Q-10A

2.) Toshiba - 26" Class / 720p / 60Hz / LCD HDTV - 26AV502U

Monitor's I found so far for best price.

3.) Newegg.com - ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

4.) LG - 23" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor - Black - W2361V-PF

5.) Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors (Recommended by ChaobSiroc TY)

Some thing to consider when looking at the tv's for computer use, the 720p tv's you have selected will only have a max resolution of around 1366 x 768 while the monitors can run up to 1920 x 1080.

For me gaming on a resolution that low would be unacceptable especially when you have a gtx260.

Some thing to consider when looking at the tv's for computer use, the 720p tv's you have selected will only have a max resolution of around 1366 x 768 while the monitors can run up to 1920 x 1080.

For me gaming on a resolution that low would be unacceptable especially when you have a gtx260.

Ah I didn't really think of that... thanks for that info hehe I am thinking about geting this one
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors

i really dont understand the differnce between HDTV and monitor HDTV .. i just hope it will run all three things i want on it at the same time. 360, PC, cable box. anyone know for sure or since all the imputs are there, then it should be ok correct? sorry im total tv noob. first HDTV in my family if i get it lol

Ah I didn't really think of that... thanks for that info hehe I am thinking about geting this one
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors

i really dont understand the differnce between HDTV and monitor HDTV .. i just hope it will run all three things i want on it at the same time. 360, PC, cable box. anyone know for sure or since all the imputs are there, then it should be ok correct? sorry im total tv noob. first HDTV in my family if i get it lol

well... the aspect ratio for most tv's is different than most monitors... also, MOST monitors don't have tv tuners built in... I used my T240 connected to a remote controlled HDMI switch box, which was in turn connected to my computer and my PS3, so at the push of a button I could switch between the two... worked great, looked great, so I'm sure your selection (practically the same) would be fine... SHOP around for that monitor though, I have seen it on sale at times for rediculously cheap, almost bought it to replace my 22" samsung....

I been looking and $300 is the cheapest i've seen. as long as the 60$ sale stays untill friday which im praying for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom