Need help with games "stuttering"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll speak from expirience with the Ti4200. That fan sucks. I got the nvsilencer and i seriously gained 7-10fps in doom 3 with no OC'ing. I also find that the 5X.XX detonator drivers work better with this card. All the newer drivers are for the FX and 6XXX cards.

One major thing: If you have ever taken the fan off to replace the thermal compound I found that after time the stupid HS falls right off the core. Those plastic clips are crap
If your not going to upgrade to a newer card definatly get the NV Silencer 1 from Arctic Cooling. I dare say is the best thing I've invested in.

3Dmark01 ~7000, you should see about the same with your AMD.
Peace.

I never had this freeze for 10 sec and then get distorted stuff until like a month ago, when i changed the heatsink fan of my vid card to a suckier one. I just wanted to see if there were any difference but i guess there is a huge difference. The suckier one couldn't handle the heat and i think it is causing the videocard to go crazy on you. So i'm 99.9% that you should get a new heatsink fan.

Well, i never thought of extra cooling for the video card... I have considered the PSU thing though.. maybe i'll give it a try later .. im sure the PSU that came with it is crap, considering it is a store bought HP, and i have added a vid card, a sound card, and a dvd rom. I never use the dial-up modem that came with it, so i can unplug that too. A friend of mine has a ti4200 for sale, im going to have him bring it over and im going to try plugging that one in and that will tell me for sure if the card has just gone bad.

i dont like to say this , but i havent had very much luck with the PNY brand . i will go with ..the vid card is bad and a new fan would be a bandaid fix that wont last long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom