need help finding a part - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2004, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Originally posted by cajun33
Oops, sorry, I didn't click on it.
It's cool...I just though it was wierd that we both came up with the same place. Figure the odds!! LOL

Old 03-25-2004, 08:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Radio Shack or Future shop maybe.

Old 03-27-2004, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Originally posted by batman
Radio Shack or Future shop maybe.

I am looking for the internal jack, (the part that is soldered to the motherboard) Radio Shack and Future Shop don't carry parts like that (not parts as obscure as this anyway). I have looked on ebay for the exact part and found nothing. (I did find the internal power jack that I needed to fix though) I will try looking for spare part computers on ebay like someone said, and I'll go to that website that people have listed.
If anyone knows of anyplace that sells parts from scrap laptops, let me know, that'll probably be my best bet.

Also, if anyone knows of a very small wireless audio transmitter (for going from the computer to my home theater receiver) that I could strip the internals out of, solder to the motherboard in place of the audio jack and just leave inside the laptop case, let me know, I'd rather do that than replace the audio jack and run a cable to the theater system. (that's how I broke the jack in the first place)

\"You are bad and we are good! Your badness will be the end of you and our goodness will be out triumph! Bad is bad, good is good.. bad bad good bad! Good good bad good.. bad.. good!\"
Closed Thread