Status
Not open for further replies.

inkedx

Beta member
more or less these are my options:
BenQ DW-1620A
LG GSA-4163B
NEC ND-3520A

im also open to other suggestions in this general price range.
if you do make another suggestion could you also let me know which of these you feel is the best as well.

thanks.

Trotter said:
The Benq is sweet. I have it, and have no complaints.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827101632
Weekend Special - $44.00 + $.99 shipping (cheaper than what I paid for it)

mm thanks. i was leaning that way to start just because a friend of mine has it and says it works great.... but he also said it's really loud... any comment on that?.

aj2003 said:

thanks. any comment on 1 of the 3 i listed though?

but he also said it's really loud... any comment on that?.

I am burning a double-layer DVD right now, and I don't hear a thing from it, just my CPU fan. My comp is only like 18" away.

Double-layer burning is slow, but that's pretty much all of them right now (unless you've got some mighty deep pockets).

All DVD burners are pretty much the same speed. But i would get the fastest one, since they burn very slow. These drives read and write extremely slow. Burning DVD's is very useful too. This summer im going to one, then i can finally start my DVD collection.

Trotter, how long does it take to burn a DVD? Im guessing around 15 mintes.

I don't know about anyone else's experience, but here's what's going on.

I am making a DVD out off three 820-850MB VOB files (converted from AVI files earlier). I am using NeroVision Express to convert and burn them on a double layer DVD so I can play them in a regular set top DVD player.

As of right now, it has been running for three and a half hours. Almost all of that was converting the files (maxing my CPU for sure). I'm probably 85% through the burning right now.

I'm getting either x2.4 or x4 speed, I think.

EDIT: Total DVD is just a tad over 6GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom