Beta member
hi all i am new to this forum and would like to say hello first
right here we go
i have
amd 3.2xp
ati 9800xt
80 gig hd
and n force 2 mobo

right my problem is i have formated and put windows xp on,i have put all my drivers on etc....
but my cpu is running at 2.7xp?
and it is a 3.2
when i set my bios at 100 it is fine and runs ok
when set at 133 it is fine
and when run at 166 it is fine at find cpu at 2.7 xp
but when i set to 200 to make it run at 3.2 xp
it just keeps restarting and does not go in to windows the window screen does not even come up?
what is the problem it was all fine before but not seems to be haven this problem can anyone help me pls!
hope you can thanks scott

What is your ram type?

If your using PC 2700 ram you will not be able to run your CPU at 200 FSB

firstly, your cpu isnt 3.2xp is 3200+, it doesnt mean the frequency. If you bought a XP 3200 it should run on a 200fsb fine. What are your temperatures? So the unstability is only when you have it on 3200+ speeds or all the time?

my ram is 512 branded and it not 2700 not sure what it is but can find out
it was running fine as a 3200+ before until last week when i was gettign problems so i formated not when i go to put it in 200 it keep rebotting and not loading in to windows.

mobo msi
chip set n force 2 ultra 400
amd 3200+xp
512 ram ddr sdram pc3200 @200mhz
ati 9800 xt
maxtor hd

hope this helps
cpu 40c

possible update bios.

google for "lavalys everest" to find out what type ur ram is.

(i think lavalys is spelt like that?)

some laptops cut the clock speed when running off batteries, could it be something similar, like you are overloading ur psu, or something?

also the fact that it keeps rebooting points to a psu problem.

try unplugging eveything you dont need to boot, i.e, all usb devices, soundcards, modems etc, and then try booting.

You reformatted and reinstalled... but did you reinstall your chipset drivers?

I had this problem with a friend's computer, but it wasn't the CPU giving a problem, but the RAM. I fought with it for an entire day. Finally, I was able to eliminate everything else. I downloaded the chipset drivers (we had reformatted it about four months before), and it fixed the problem.

if you reformat, it should have nothing to do with your bios settings, when you reformat it just wipes out your HD, doesn't reset the BIOS unless you messed with the jumpers or took the battery out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom