Need help connecting my headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

[SF]MKM

In Runtime
alright, so here's the problem. I've connected the mic to the mic in port and the headphones to the headphones port but when I play a game the others can hear the in-game noise (such as cars and gunshots) which makes it impossible for them to hear me.

THIS IS NOT as simple as when the sounds leaks out and gets recieved by the mic because I've tried removing any kind of sound-out connection with only the mic plugged in and then record myself. First I just talk, then I turn on some music on the computer and when the record is done I then plugin my speakers and listen to the record and I can hear that music. this means that somehow the out-sound has to get mixed up with the mic-in channel.

Anyone ever had this problem before? any ideas?

I'm using the onboard audio chip on the ASUS p5ld2 mobo and a creative hs 600 headset (also tried with my old trust portable headset and got the same outcome)

Check our what soundchip you've got on your motherboard and update your drivers.

Go into your driver and go to preferences or w/e and select the correct devices for everything plugged in. It might be that your mic-in is a flexijack that'll pick up sound from your card if it's in 7.1 mode so check to see if it is, if so change to 5.1.

If the problem persists, take everything out, and plug it in one by one. If your driver is anything like mine (SoundMax) it'll say that a new device was connected and you can select what it is. But my guess is that you're in 7.1 mode and your mic-in is used as an output.

Thanks, I went to my driver settings and switched the mode from 2 CH speakers to headphones, works fine now.

Nubcake on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom