Need help with cam + DVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichF

Beta member
Long story short I own a tropical fish website with another guy, we want to setup cams for our larger tanks as a feature for the site. He found a model that was waterproof and got a DVR that was recommended by the site he bought the cam on. Now, the DVR is Digiview brand. After much struggling I got the software installed. I absolutely hate the interface however and it COMPLETELY bogs my computer down. While I generally keep Photoshop CS2 open along with numerous IE windows etc I don't normally see it behave anywhere near as slow. Even with only the Digiview software running and nothing else open it screechs to a halt. Also, the main reason we bought this software was to share out our live cams via our website. There is a method described in the instructions for accessing the feed via the internet but I just can't seem to get it to work at all. At this point I just want to get another card that will give me all of the functionality I want with none of the slowness. It 100% needs to be able to broadcast live video to people as they connect to the cam. At this point even updates every 15 seconds or so would be great, don't even need 100% streaming. Any suggestions?

Ps, has to work with a cam (slightly different model) that has connectors like this:
post-10-1132249282.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom