Need help badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Hey guys I posted a while ago and got no help, but still have the problem.

The specs of my system are in my signature, and I have run Memtest for about 12 hours without errors.

No matter what configuration I use it gives me the same problem. I want to use both of my sticks of RAM but the problem is my system is only takign one at a time - and hating dual channel. Im usually able to get to the login screen in windows, but the following data is the same posted on the ABIT site where I receieved no assistance as well:

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Okay so I set all the DRAM setting to automatic, pumped up the Ram voltage to 2.8 (thats up .15 and the max it will allow), and I cant even get into windows.

The message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows subsystem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000005 (Two similar numbers here...).
The system has been shut down.

That is the entire message accross the blue screen.

------------------

The second thing I tried was setting the Ram setting by SPD as opposed to Manual or Auto.

I got to the logon screen where I entered my password and the computer froze for a bit, and then showed a popup (not getting me past the logon screen), giving the information that the System is being shut down by the process _______. And it counted down from 60 seconds.

The details provided the following information:
lsass.exe error.
Status code: 1073741819

Plus some elaboration that doesn't help.

-----------

Thirdly I have the Ram setting to Manual, and have the Timings @ 2.5-3-3-10 1T DDR400.

I enter my password at the login screen and am able to get to my desktop. Here im told about a LSA Shell Export Version that needed to close, So I send the error to microsoft. A second laterI am confronted with the infamous error:

STOP: 0x0000008E ( 0xC0000005, some other numbers)

There is no process listed
--------

Fourthly I set all the setting as same as above, but instead of 1T i use Auto (i have 1T, 2T, and Auto). I get to login screen and enter my password. Windows loads but immediatly crashes giving me the following error:

STOP: 0x00000050 ( 0xF000E899, some other numbers)

No process listed.
---------

So I hit my restart button (as i have throughout the process) and it hangs on a blank screen, and proceeds to beep in a High(beep)-Low(beep) pattern, about a pair of each per second.

A complete shut down and restart gets me POSTing.
-----------

Running out of options I decide to start this time with Manual RAM settings, AUTO command rate (not 1t or 2t), and 2.5-2-2-5 timings (the natural timings from my ram). I get to the Login screen and its alost like im clicking on nothing, because nothing responds to my clicks.

Then the error shows: (not blue screen, but a popup)

The same as above with the lsass process:
The details provided the following information:
lsass.exe error.
Status code: 1073741819

Micosoft is no help and im at a complete loss having tested all hardware. I'm hoping one of you can come up with some last computer-saving idea that may help me resolve this, because at the moment the computer is completely useless.

Both sticks work alone and both work together in another non-64bit system. FYI my Voltage readings from the PSU are Very accurate and the Wattage (550) will suffice.

Thanks for reading this beast of a post, but it is a beast of a problem.

Ouch that sounds bad

Try turning down your FSB to 150 and see if you dont get errors. If you still get errors, reinstall XP

I don't think reinstalling would work, everything works just fine with only one of the sticks installed.

either the slots or the RAM itself just doesn't want to work in DC. You tried RMA'ing them?

They were bought back in december, and since they both work alone I dont think that is the issue.

But I won't rule out the RMA if I can't avoid it. Do you think it would be smart to go over to FRY's and pick up a pair of dual channel sticks to see if they work, then return them later?

No, the RAM is likely not the issue. It might be the actual slots on the motherboard that are bad, since both sticks work in the second mobo. You should go to fry's and get a cheap temporary mobo just to troubleshoot with and take it back when you are finished. If that is the problem, RMA your mobo.

you are placing them correctly, right? Not to be insulting, but what I've seen of the dualies you have the Ram slots in the order of 1324, and if you put them side by side, it may cause a problem. Also, maybe that particular type of memory has a problem with the MBD running in dual channel mode, so if nothing else maybe RMA like above, but try a different brand/model of memory. Also assuming that ALL of the ram specs are exactly the same??

Im posative I put them in correctly.

For dual chennel with doublesides sticks, you have to use either DIMM 1/2 or 3/4. - - - I don't have access to 1 because of the XP-120, but they used to work in 3/4, for only one duali sides stick, i eithe rhave to use slot 1or 3. And 3works okay with just one stick.

I'll buy - test - return a new MB today to see if thats proiblem afterformating HD.

Its not realy the Sasser worm, Back before sasser there was another virus that forced lsass.exe to crash/close and produce the RPC error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom