Need help with Asus M3A78-T and Phemom ii 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddyxwb

Beta member
It has been a long time since I built my own and I am not sure why I cannot get my computer to work last night.

The bios setup set on auto but somehow, my computer not allowing me to get to window xp desktop. When my computer start to load window xp, it shut off and reboot again. No error indicated other then asking whether I should load window as safe mode or not. When I select safe mode, it reboot again.

I don't have a new hard drive so I used an older IDE hard drive from my previous P4 computer that the motherboard went dead last week.

My question is, could it be my older hard drive not set up correctly or something else?

Should I buy new SATA hard drive and see if it work?

Or one of my connection are not connected properly?

I am using the internal graphic card for now. No other attachment beside DVD Rom and hard drive.

Please help.

Was there a momentary flash of a blue screen? If you still have an existing OS on that old hard drive, and are trying to load it using completely new hardware it may cause issues since Windows will realize that your system has changed.

You need to reinstall windows, you cant just boot off an old install and expect it to work.

New hardware requires a completely different set of drivers, you need to boot off the windows xp cd and perform a clean install. If you have free space, you can create a new partition and install it on there, then when you boot up you can transfer files over and delete the other partition.

You need to reinstall windows, you cant just boot off an old install and expect it to work.

New hardware requires a completely different set of drivers, you need to boot off the windows xp cd and perform a clean install. If you have free space, you can create a new partition and install it on there, then when you boot up you can transfer files over and delete the other partition.

Perhaps you are right. I will try to re-install window xp and see if it works.

I don't have a new hard drive so I used an older IDE hard drive from my previous P4 computer that the motherboard went dead last week.

This is the problem. As Rican already said you will have to either re-install Windows or repair it.

Since you had a old setup the hardware profile doesnt match and therefor Windows can not boot for this reason.

A repair should work just as well as a reinstall. But yeah you cant plug in a HDD with a install onto a new machine like that and have it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom